Roan Mountain State Park
Picnic Shelter #1
Roan Mountain, TN 37687
Pisgah National Forest
6:00am – 7:15am: Runner Packet Pick-up.
7:15am: Latest departure time for Spectator Vehicles from Start.
7:20am: Departure of Finish Line Drop-bag Vehicle
8:30am – 10:30am: Runners at the Finish Line.
10:45am: Spectator Vehicles released from Finish.
- Course is 100% paved.
- Course will follow the right side of Route 143 from Roan Mountain to Carver’s Gap. The roadway will be open to downhill vehicular traffic, but the uphill traffic lane will be controlled by front and rear emergency vehicles. Runners must not cross and must avoid the double yellow line.
- At Carver’s Gap (mile 8.9), runners will enter National Forest Service property. This road will be open for emergency vehicles, event staff and permitted spectator vehicles. See Policies and Rules for additional information.
- Spectators are not allowed on the course, cannot park at the support stations and cannot park at Carvers Gap.
- Each runner must prepare a personal drop bag.
- Drop bags must be tagged with the bib tag.
- Drop bags must be submitted with the Finish Line Vehicle at the time of packet pick-up.
- The Finish Line Vehicle will depart from the start at 7:20am (10 minutes before start time)
- Drop bags should contain the following items:
- dry shirt
- dry shorts
- dry socks and shoes
- long sleeve top and long pants
- thermal/fleece top and shell (preferably a rain coat)
- warm hat/ball cap and gloves
- post race snack (water and Gatorade are available at the Finish)
On Course Support:
1. Water, Gatorade, Hammer Gel (apple cinnamon, mountain huckleberry and espresso) and porta-potties located approximately every 3 miles on race course.
2. Moving emergency vehicles at front of race, in back of race and middle.
3. Emergency response, first aid, water and Gatorade available at the Finish.
Awards are being finalized.